Thursday 17 December 2009

picnic in the park


I visited with some ladies (two attorneys, their staff and a few family members) in Coconut Grove this morning to make sandwiches and prepare bags full of goodies. Then we drove to the middle of downtown and unloaded our trucks near a public park.

We approached a few people with backpacks who looked like they'd been living on the streets and asked, "Would you like to have some lunch?" One guy in a wheelchair opened his bag and said, "OMG, a Coke! I haven't had one of these in years!" It was awesome!

I had never done anything like this before, but now I'd like to make it a monthly event (weekly, if possible). I'll let you know the next time it happens.

PS - I know I started early, but I wanted to share this with you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ily, that sounds amazing! What a brave and beautiful RAoK! :-)

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, My Dear! So many people need help it is kind of overwhelming. But as a good friend of mine used to say, just put one foot in front of the other and start with that! What a GREAT thing to be a part of....Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Ooooh, a comment? Why thank you!

Have a beautiful day!